The refrigerator is, without a doubt, the most important appliance in your kitchen. It certainly has a critically important function, keeping the food you serve your family fresh and bacteria-free.
How To Effectively Clean Your Fridge:
• Step One: Empty the refrigerator. Throw away all expired, smelly, and contaminated items as you go. Have a cooler ready to hold highly perishable foods and set the rest in an out-of-the-way spot.
• Step Two: Remove all removable refrigerator drawers and shelves. Carefully set them aside and allow them to rise to room temperature to prevent them from cracking. Fill the kitchen sink with warm soapy water. Place shelves and drawers in sink to soak for approximately 20 minutes.
• Step Three: Wipe the fridge interior with a non-toxic, food-safe solution of vinegar and water, using a soft cloth, sponge, or scrubby pad. To remove tough stains and lingering smells, scrub with a paste made of baking soda and water. Clean the rubber door seal with an old toothbrush or medium bristled cleaning brush, be sure to remove all crumbs and debris.
• Step Four: After the interior is clean, shut the door to give the interior a chance to return to appropriate temperature. Wash the removable components in the sink. Set aside to air dry or use a microfiber cloth to dry.
• Step Five: While interior components are drying, turn your attention to cleaning the freezer. Throw away any expired, freezer-burned, and unwanted items. Wipe up crumbs or spills.
• Step Six: Wipe the refrigerator’s exterior with a microfiber cloth, using a solution of vinegar and water. If you have a stainless steel refrigerator, use a cleaning product made for stainless steel. Always wipe from the top down and in the direction of the grain.
• Step Seven: Once the shelves and drawers have dried, reinstall, and restock your fridge. While restocking make sure to wipe off any crumbs or sticky residue on the items before returning them to their proper spot.
𝑹𝒆𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓 𝑪𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑯𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒔
We all have better things to do than deep-cleaning a fridge! Try these cleaning hacks to keep it sanitary and cleaner longer:
• Quick-cleaning the fridge before loading it with new groceries. Toss old food and wipe up crumbs or spills so the fridge is clean and ready for the fresh stuff. • Use a Lazy Susan for small jars and condiments, this will help keep you organized and from items mistakenly getting shoved into the back and forgotten. • Make sure you clean underneath and behind your appliances every couple of months, every month if you have pets.